Power System Overview
MetaTek is a power system design for use in remote areas where no utility access is available. It is specifically meant for mission organizations that need reliable electrical service, and between 50-100kW of capacity, on a small to medium sized “campus” of numerous buildings. The organization can use the designs presented to assist in sourcing and building a power system.
MetaTek uses a systems approach, that allows a user to build a design most suited for their application.
- Power house: Designed for easy construction anywhere in the world using local supplies as much as possible.
- Generators: 2 (or more) identical generators from 25-50kW each
- Generator Control System: Several control systems are available
- A “best in class” control system using ComAp digital controllers, that allows paralleling and syncing to a Utilities Main.
- A basic control that simply allows easy selection of the generator and alarm functions
- Master Distribution Center: The main switching “bus” for electricity, It also includes up to 8 separate, switchable load shedding outputs, 100A each.
- Distribution Points: Each load shed output ends in a 100A distribution point that then feeds a structure or group of buildings.
- Battery/Inverters/Solar: The basic design is capable of incorporating these extra features as desired
- Solar Water Pump: A link to a solar pumping design that can pump water without any other power.